2019 Illinois Muskie Tournament Trail General Rules*
New or Altered Rules for 2019 are in Bold
If there are any questions about these rules please contact any IMTT Officer or Director.
1. A complete liability release form must be completed prior to participating in any events.
2. No more than two people may be in a boat during an IMTT tournament.
3. All Lake, Site, Municipal, IDNR, State and Federal laws will be enforced during IMTT events. Failure to do so will result in disqualification from that event and up to a lifetime ban from IMTT events
4. Courtesy, conservation, sportsmanship, and safety are basic principles of fishing. Poor sportsmanship, drunkenness, excessive speed, or fishing in a no fishing or boating area will be grounds for disqualification for the tournament.
5. All fish must be caught with pole and line fishing only using artificial baits. (No live bait may be used).
6. Minimum measuring length is 30 inches. Fish must be measured on a flat surface with a bump board and the tail squeezed. Bump boards will be available for check out before the tournament. The actual length is to be recorded on the release form. Muskies will be scored by 30 points for each 30” Muskie and 1 point (or fraction of) for each additional inch over 30”. Boat may not be moved for measuring purposes and witness must come to your boat.
7. If no witness boat is available, each muskie must be photographed from nose to tail in the same photo with the nose against the end of the bump board along with a tournament/date identification marker. A photo of the angler holding the muskie will aslo be required. Identification for each tournament date will be distributed before the start of each day of fishing. Blurry photos and photos not clearly showing the entire fish on the bump board with the identification marker will not be accepted.
TOURNAMENT RELEASE RULES In 2019, all IMTT tournament events will be conducted as a Catch, Photo & Release tournament.
Every tournament boat MUST have a digital camera with a SD Card or a smart phone that is capable of taking a clear photo operated by the contestants that catch a musky.
All teams MUST have an actual bump board for measuring the fish.
NO RULERS OR MEASURING STICKS ALLOWED.
The photo of the fish must clearly see the nose is touching the front of the board and that the tail is pinched with the daily sticker issued by IMTT are ALL in clear view.
After photographing and releasing the fish, contestants shall call an IMTT official by cell phone or VHF radio to report their catch. Failure to compete this will result in the fish not counting for that day.
If the IMTT officials cannot clearly read the measurement or sticker, they will make their best determination and that decision will be final.
A safe release of the fish immediately after photographing is of utmost importance.
Those teams that choose to fish as an individual will be REQUIRED to have a second party witness and assist with this verification process.
There will be no more witness points as part IMTT and club events in 2019.
If the photo cannot be seen clearly or is blurred or no picture at all is taken, the daily sticker is not visible or the fish’s nose appears not to touch the front of the board, your fish will not be counted.
The IMTT, will have available several bump boards at the tournament events for use. These are property of the IMTT and must be returned immediately after the event is completed.