2018 Illinois Muskie Tournament Trail General Rules*
If there are any questions about these rules please contact any IMTT Officer or Director.
1. A complete liability release form must be completed prior to participating in any events.
2. No more than two people may be in a boat during an IMTT tournament.
3. Fishing must be done only from a boat. No shore fishing allowed
4. Courtesy, conservation, sportsmanship, and safety are basic principles of fishing. Poor sportsmanship, drunkenness, excessive speed, or fishing in a no fishing or boating area will be grounds for disqualification for the tournament.
5. All fish must be caught with pole and line fishing only using artificial baits. (No live bait may be used).
6. Minimum measuring length is 30 inches. Fish must be measured on a flat surface with a bump board and the tail squeezed. Bump boards will be available for check out before the tournament. The actual length is to be recorded on the release form. Muskies will be scored by 30 points for each 30” Muskie and 1 point (or fraction of) for each additional inch over 30”. Boat may not be moved for measuring purposes and witness must come to your boat. One witness may come from your boat. Person catching fish cannot be a witness for that fish. Two witnesses are required. Refusing to witness another contestant’s fish will result in disqualification.
7. An IDNR Green card must be turned in for each qualifying fish.
8. Two points (each member) will be awarded to the members in the boat that witness a fish.
9. Trail participation points will be awarded for all IMTT events. 20 points for IMTT events and 10 points for affiliated tournaments.
10. All participants must conform to the daily starting and stopping times. Fish Release forms will not be accepted after the announced ending time of the tournament. A participant may not start fishing until being released by the official starter to start. All starts must be from designated area and must be under the directives of the official starter. Boats not in proper place during starting time will be moved to the end of the starter’s line.
11. Boats wanting to start 15 minutes or later after all other boats have started will be disqualified.
12. IMTT equipment lost, stolen, or damaged are the responsibility of the participant and must be replaced. Checked out IMTT equipment must be returned to the check in point at the end of the tournament no later than 1⁄2 hour after tournament ending time.
13. If weather or safety prohibits the completion of the scheduled tournament, the tournament can be cancelled or postponed at the discretion of tournament officials. Participants are urged to make good safety decisions in regards to weather and fishing in the tournament.
14. Anglers fishing on Lake Shelbyville must respect the “No Fishing” area surrounding the Lithia Springs Marina. Other areas of the lake may be out of bounds, if so they will be announced at the tournament.
15. Trolling is permitted in IMTT tournaments. Two rods may be used for trolling purposes per team (only one rod per entrant). If fishing alone (one person team) only one rod may be used.
16. Tournament entrants are expected to respect the fishing area of other contestants. The “fishing area” is considered to be 100’ from their boat. Please use good judgment and good sportsmanship in participating.
17. A $30.00 Annual IMTT Membership will be required for anyone before fishing an IMTT Tournament. Memberships for those under the age of 16 at the time of membership application will be free
18. Starting positions will be determined by order of paid entries received.
19. Entries accepted after registration closes on Friday evenings will be charged an additional $20.00 “Late Fee”. SATURDAY MORNING ENTRIES WILL BE CASH ONLY.
20. Entrants wishing to withdraw (within 7 days of a scheduled tournament) from a previously paid event will be charged 20% of entry fee.
21. Points ties to be decided by which team reaches the tying point total earliest.
If point total and times are the same, then places will be decided by a flip of the coin.
22. In the event a contestant’s position is challenged, a written and signed protest must be presented to the tournament committee immediately following tournament hours.
23. Anglers may be asked to take a polygraph test before cash payments are made.
24. All IDNR and site specific rules and regulations will be enforced.
25. All IMTT tournament entrants must wear a United States Coast Guard approved TYPE I, TYPE II, TYPE III or TYPE V personal flotation device (www.uscgboating.org) during designated IMTT tournament hours whenever their boat is “on plane”. All IMTT tournament entrants under the age of 13 must wear a United States Coast Guard approved TYPE I, TYPE II, TYPE III or TYPE V personal flotation device (www.uscgboating.org) whenever their boat is on the water during IMTT tournament hours.
ALL ENTRANTS UNDER THE AGE OF 13 MUST WEAR A USCG APPROVED TYPE I, TYPE II, TYPE III OR TYPE PFD (www.uscgboating.org) AT ALL TIMES WHEN IN THEIR BOAT ON THE WATER PER ILLINOS STATE LAW
26. The tournament committee is the final judge of all tournament rules and the conducting of all tournaments.
*Note: These rules specifically apply to tournaments directly sponsored by the IMTT.
Rules for Club Tournaments will be made available by the sponsor of that tournament.